Melody Beattie in 'Finding Your Way Home' wrote 'Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day'. And that what I want to do this year. My motto is 'Carpe Diem' seize the day - not always easy to do but I will endeavour to live this year one day at a time.
Today I celebrated my birthday having lunch and seeing a movie with my girlfriends, Mary and Helen, then came home and had to have my 15 year old cat, Fluffy, my little friend and companion, put down. Some days life is lived with extremes of emotion. Today was such a one.
I also had meetings with wedding clients so my sadness was put to one side to share in their happiness as we worked to create their ceremony of celebration to come. Then it was time to bury my cat, with the help of my close friends and so close that chapter in my book of life knowing that the memories and love remain.
It was a day reflecting so many aspects of life, so many emotions but it was a day well lived, one bringing to mind a favourite quote by Mary Anne Radmacher
'As we work to create light for others, we
naturally light our own way.'
No comments:
Post a Comment