Sunday, 6 March 2011

About Wanda and her Uplifting Quotes Blog

In my work as a celebrant I find that quotes can be a wonderful way to providing comfort as well as cleverly linking the transitions in a ceremony or helping to reflect the philosophy or character of the deceased. 

I came across this quote by Aristophanes when I was writing a Life Celebration for a young man who was killed on his bicycle in a tragic road accident recently.

“Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the steps they trod.”


Another quote I often use is one by Thornton Wilder "There is a land of the living and a land of the dead and the bridge is love."



To contact Wanda please refer to the information below.

Wanda Brittain - Past President Celebrants Association New Zealand
9 Riverview Lane, Te Aroha, 3320.

Phone: 07 884 7489
Mobile: 027 486 0049

I am a fully qualified and experienced Accredited Celebrant for:
Marriage, Funeral, Name giving, Civil union, Renewal of vows, Anniversaries, Blessings, Compeering, Commitment, Interment, Celebration of Life, Croning/Saging, Divorce, CANZ Accredited Celebrant .

No comments:

Post a Comment