they somehow already know what you truly want to become.'
These words by the late Steve Jobs really touch a chord in me. Steve would have been 57 today and he was certainly a man who had the courage to follow his heart and intuition.
Following my heart might not always have turned out to be quite what I wanted or expected but following my intuition has never let me done. However, in following my heart I sometimes didn't heed my intuition - that still small warning inner voice, that gut feeling - and I found myself facing numerous challenging situation because things didn't turn out quite as I expected.
But that is how I grew and came to know myself and slowly I learnt to listen, more and more, to my intuition.
Life is all about choices, about how we perceive life and our attitude to what life presents us with. Today I followed my heart and my intuition by sending in a submission to Government on the Green Paper for Vulnerable Children.
I look at my beautiful grandchildren who are loved, cared for and surrounded by a loving family, as are the majority of children in our country but, as we know all too well, there are many children who are not so lucky.
![]() |
| All children deserve to be as loved, as happy, and as safe and secure as my youngest grandson, Mitchell. |
I am a supporter of Child Matters the Hamilton based registered charitable trust dedicated to preventing harm to children in New Zealand. For 15 years they have been working in communities throughout New Zealand, educating, supporting and inspiring adults to protect children. That was when I first read about the Green Paper but hadn't done anything about it. Child Matters also run training programmes, including a diploma course, as well as workshops.
If you want to know more go to their website: ttp://www.childmatters.org.nz/
Then this morning I heard former All Black, Norm Hewitt, talk about his work as the Champion for the Green Paper for Vulnerable Children and this was the encouragement I needed to act on what I had been meaning to do for a while.
There is only a week left to send in a submission so if you are reading this please follow your heart and your intuition and send in your submission.
We can all do something do stop this rot that pervades our beautiful country. We can all do something to protect those vulnerable children.- we just have to have the courage to do it.
I leave you with these quotes by Martin Luther King Jr.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Life's most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
The website for details on sending in your submission.
http://www.childrensactionplan.govt.nz/
I am away for the weekend in Auckland and will be offline so no more blogs till Monday.

No comments:
Post a Comment