Saturday, 20 November 2010

In Memory of a Friend

A year ago today a dear friend, Tim Gunson, died suddenly of a massive heart attack, reminding me, yet again, of the fragility of our time on earth.

It was my privilege to work with his beloved family, as their chosen celebrant, to creat a wonderful ceremony to celebrate his life.

This we certainly did with a ceremony that was as caring, as colourful and as memorable  as Tim was himself.

Today I remember my friend as do all his 'Theatre' friends in Te Aroha.
Tim, you are with us always. We will never forget you.

'Love is not changed by death.
And nothing is lost.
And all in the end is harvest.’
Edith Sitwell

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful page. I miss him so dearly and can't wait to see him again one day! He was (still is) the best Grandfather anybody could ever ask for and anybody who had the opportunity to meet him would understand what I mean. R.I.P Pop, Greatly missed & NEVER forgotten. Love you so much. - Ryan (Tim's eldest grandson)

    ReplyDelete