So once again I learnt that no matter how old and seemingly wiser I am I still manage to mess up! And all I had to do was save it and finish when not so tired.
No you are never too old too learn. So 'Friendship' I will tackle again tomorrow.
Tonight was a really special occasion for together with some good friends I led a small, informal 'unveiling' ceremony at our local cemetery and what a poignant yet joyful time it was. Memories were shared, those rich times when our friendship has grown across the years with our friend were recalled as the setting sun sank behind us like a glorious blood red ball disappearing below the horizon. Humorous anecdotes of our amateur theatre experiences provoked loads of laughter, then there were those sacred moments as we spoke of what our friend meant to us and we silently held him close in grateful hearts.
We drank his health; some shared poems for himI loved my friend and so we honoured our friend, Alan Edgar George Flatt.
Alan on the left as Admiral Nelson with Colin Kemplen as Hardy
in a comedy sketch from a production I directed called 'Slice of Life' in 2006
I have taken the liberty of adapting a wee poem by Langston Hughes as it says it all.
"We loved our friend
He went away from us
There's nothing more to say
The poem ends,
Soft as it began-
We loved our friend.”

No comments:
Post a Comment