Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Early Morning Walks

Early Morning Walks



Walking along the quiet streets on a dew fresh morning
accompanied in my thoughts by a love song from the birds
I reflect on my life and the new day that is dawning.

Thoughts float and drift around in my awakening mind
I wonder sometimes what it’s all about and wonder why
we are here, why is life harsh to some and to others so kind?
 
Passing the proudly painted new houses with people still in bed
I muse and wonder who they are, what makes them tick, 
as they lay sleeping, today’s page of life as yet unread.

Whatever my thoughts,  whatever I think, their life goes on.                            
    
   A flash of blue as a kingfisher zooms across my line of sight 
   bringing a message of hope to an unsettled, frightened world,
   a message of love silently bestowed on his ethereal flight.

   A flight across fields slowly being eaten up by urban sprawl.
   I shake myself out of my morose, morbid musings and open
  my eyes to nature’s rebirth, her song of Spring, her joyful call.

  A call of hope and wonder as here comes the life-giving sun
  and another page of life slowly unfolds and I must journey on.
  Wanda Brittain ©

No comments:

Post a Comment